Full Blue Moon in Aquarius August 22nd, 2021
LA: August 22nd, 5:01 AM
NY: August 22nd, 8:01 AM
London: August 22nd, 1:01 PM
Delhi: August 22nd, 5:31 PM
Sydney: August 22nd, 10:01 pm
Much like the sign of Aquarius, calling this Full Moon unique is an understatement.
This is the second Full Moon in Aquarius in a row. The first, which took place on July 23rd, was in the early degrees of Aquarius. All Full Moons show us what has been dimming our light, what has and hasn’t been working, and allow us have a clean slate. Our emotions and instincts are at their peak (be careful, if you are going out and try to avoid any potentially dangerous situations). Fortunately, the energy opened up a pathway to releasing and gave us insight on how it could benefit us. Making the second Full Moon an opportunity to revisit anything that wasn’t released during the first Full Moon.
You’ve most likely known for several months exactly what has been holding you back, but it needed to teach you a few things before it could be removed. Some of us may feel like we’ve currently woken up from a strange dream. Or like we were living our life’s as a younger version of ourselves would’ve. Except this time, understanding ourself worth and not allowing our fears to be bigger than our strength. Trust in divine timing.
This second one is on the 29th degree of Aquarius, right before the moon enters pisces and the sun into Virgo. (The Moon only stays in one sign for a couple of days, but the sun stays in a sign for about a month.) The 29th degree of any sign is a phase of transitioning and ending. We’ll be deciding what to take with us from Leo season into Virgo season. Leo season gave us courage and confidence, Virgo season will teach us to use it to serve ourselves and others.
Jupiter, the planet of expansion, growth, and higher learning, is currently retrograde in Aquarius. There will be opportunities in alll areas of your life, so keep an open-mind and follow your instincts.
Under this Full Moon, you may find true love and commitment. If you are already in a relationship, there may be massive progress in communication.
We’ll be more confident than usual and a strong urge to get out more. Some empaths may feel better retreating and preserving this energy for shadow work.
We may feel a strong resistance to authority as Aquarius is known as the sacred rebel. They are outside of the box thinkers. They love experimenting/ trying new things, finding new perspectives, stepping out of their comfort zone, freedom, change, society and the greater good.
The Sun in Leo opposing the Moon in Aquarius requires us to find a balance between embracing our unique selves, feeling seen, feeling validated, living from the heart vs. the desire to belong, be apart of something bigger than ourselves, and merge with a community. It illuminates questions of freedom, independence, connecting to a like-minded community, reveals where we really belong, our soul tribe, and what group is best suited to us.
You may feel:
- heavy, especially mentally as Aquarians love to share information, analyze and think
- increased anxiety and difficulty relaxing
- a strong desire to achieve goals
- overly optimistic
This Full Moon carries an energy of strength and courageousness. Trust yourself and try not to second guess yourself.
To make the most out of this energy:
1. Connect with your Ancestors.
2. Connect with passed loved ones.
3. Let go of the losses experienced over the past year.
4. Ground yourself. Don’t let the Full moons energy trigger you emotionally.
5. Release worries and fears.
6. Find a new perspective of your personal goals, finances, community, relationships, society, and communication.
7. Meditate on The Hanged Man tarot card.
8. Pay close attention to your dreams, they are divine messages. Write them down, look up the meanings, and prioritize them.
9. Be fully present in the moment and practice gratitude.
10. Re-evaluate your environment, community, and your own choices. What is bringing you closer to your purpose? What is working? What is not working? What do you need to change or release?
11. Take a ritual bath.
12. Charge your crystals.
13. Make moon water.
14. Read or have your tarot cards read.
15. Keep an open-mind.
16. See the unknown, the changes, the losses, the future in an optimistic way. They are all things to be excited about. You are divinely guided and protected.
17. Practice Gratitude.